14 ways to inspire with expressions of appreciation, encouragement, and trust
To inspire or be inspired
A smile, a wink, a single interaction can completely change someone’s day. We get to decide if our engagement will positively or negatively affect.
Inspiring others is one of the most critical actions we do. Inspiring others is not criticizing them. Inspiring others is not judging them. And all too often, Inspiration is confused with motivating.
Inspiring others means adopting a growth mindset, believing in others’ talents, and recognizing them for any progress even when struggling. When we share our challenges, weakness and flaws, yet strive for constant improvement, we inspire others. Our imperfections, uniqueness is what makes the world an incredible place to be.
Lastly, inspiring others means looking for a way to connect, praise, rejoice, and share an accomplishment.
“At the end of the day people won’t remember what you said or did, they will remember how you made them feel.”
We can start to change our language, and eventually, it will change our outlook. Here are 14 ways to verbally express appreciation, encouragement, and trust.
Five phrases to express praise and appreciation
- Having you on this team makes a huge difference.
- It’s so refreshing getting to work with you.
- I love how you handled that [situation/difficult customer/task]!
- Know that your role is crucial to our success.
- I couldn’t have done it without you.
Five phrases to express encouragement and affirmation
- I trust your judgment on this decision.
- I know how hard this project is, but I can’t imagine working without you.
- I have total confidence in you and your abilities.
- You are one of the most reliable employees I’ve ever had. I believe in you.
- I’m happy to see you!
Four phrases to inspire and motivate others
- I’d love your feedback on any changes I need to make before presenting.
- This is what I’d like for us to accomplish together long-term.
- I want to play to your strengths.
- Tell me how that works. I want to learn from you.
When we inspire others, we, too, are inspired!
I pride myself on helping business leaders build strategies around communication, collaboration and authenticity using a variety of technologies and techniques.